Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Oh, Do we love this Viking or do we love him!?!?!

Over here at the Cool Club lounge, Motherbird and Foxtrot keep finding ourselves drooling over our favorite (non-sparkling) vampire... Eric. (we all know Foxtrot has the hots for Bill but... I'll stick with the Aryan) He is definitely my favorite Viking/vampire. Naturally, we're excited for Straw Dogs. Any violent gore movie that chooses to play House of the Rising Sun in its trailer has a go from me.

Here's a pretty cool article from Alexander Skarsgard, who if you didn't know is Stellan Skarsgard's wittle baby boy! (hm... should I hit on the son or the father!? oh those sexy Saxons!)

Well, here's a pretty cool article/interview with the vampire sheriff... oh how I wish I was that waitress.

http://nymag.com/movies/features/alexander-skarsgard-2011-9/

As I've been writing these, I'm getting a strong male influenced-vibe. Apologies for any men reading this, we'll try to talk about girls every once in awhile...

But, I continue on with the gents...

As I'll let almost everyone know, Guillermo Del Toro is one of my *favorite* producers/directors (and then, I'll go on to tell you about how I bought this beautiful Del Toro disc collection and how it only works in Mexico....)  anyway, he's done some of my favorite movies, worked with my favorite actors and terrified me to the core... as well as warmed my heart with Barry Manilow (Abe and Red scene in Hellboy 2)

I haven't seen 'Don't be Afraid of the Dark" yet but, its on my list and I'm so looking forward to Pacific Rim with Charlie Hunnam, win? Win.

From the article below, it sounds like Del Toro has a lot of on his To-Do list, which makes me a happy gal! (sounds like I'm gonna have to start gaming...)

Unfortunately, they didn't mention 'the Strain' trilogy which Del Toro wrote, some of my favorite books!  I love these books, if you know Del Toro you'll pick up hints and nuggets from his movies. Really great reads... Blade 2 vampires? Love.  I'm currently in the middle of the second book and am still terrified to go into our storage room... day or night.

How would you like this feller in your basement? Not me.

This shmexy, jolly fellow... I'll take. 
(Luke Goss... also did a splendiferous job in HB2: The Golden Army)


Enjoy!

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/08/guillermo_del_toro.html

And, finally my last indulgence for today... probably the movie I've been waiting for the longest... The Three Musketeers! Woo! Okay... calm down.

Let me just take a moment, and list all of MY men (watch out Foxtrot.... Imma call dibs right now.) that are in this movie... Ray Stevenson (huge squeal... Rome anyone? I love this man.) Orly Bloom, Christoph Waltz, Matthew Macfayden, MADS MIKKELSEN (he turns me into a hot mess every time I see him) and last but not least, Til Schweiger :)

I have no doubt that 82% of these men will in some way or another are going to... *sniffle* die.

Anyway, the author of my final link is on my hit list. Who doesn't love fancy pants mustaches, men,  period garb, feathered hats, men, eye patches, ALL OF MY MEN, flying boats, billowing skirts and.... all of my favorite people galloping around with pointy swords.

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/archives/all_the_money_was_spent_on_hats_wigs_new_images_from_the_three_musketeers/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed
Put me down for three of the four. Not feelin' the youngin'. 

Motherbird Over and Out. (p.s. I'll find some lady articles for the men to enjoy...)

No comments:

Post a Comment